Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, May 13, 2005

Surfing

I like to surf other people's web sites in search for hidden gold. Found one or two cute things. Not many, though.

What I found was a lot of adolescent or post-adolescent posting. Typical posts:


Mom did it again! I'm sooo mad.

I don't know how I'm going to endure the agony of my breakup with Chad. Life looks bleak.

I still haven't written that term paper which is due tomorrow.

Got drunk and stoned last night, again.

No one will ever love me again.

Life is pretty darn meaningless. And boring.


I probably would have written the same thing when I was an adolescent. Thank God I confined such thoughts to my diaries, which I later burned.

What shocks me is the illiteracy and the cutesyness (Is there such a word? Well, there is now.). I is lower case: i--can't be bothered holding down the shift key. You, of course, is "u." Opinions differ on how to spell because: "cos," and "cuz" are popular but no consensus has emerged. For is, naturally, the numeral 4.

I forgot to mention the awful, heartfelt poetry.

Poor things.

No comments: