Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, May 13, 2005

Real Estate Woes

Modern life means so much homework.
Explanation: I am trying to sell my house and buy another. This is like scratching your head with one hand while rubbing your tummy with the other. I'm surprised anyone ever moves.

My lawyer gave me the homework. Find the title insurance. What's title insurance? Do I have it? If I do, where is it? Find the deed. Where can that be? Maybe in the safety deposit box, which I haven't opened in, oh, ten years. Find the key to the sdb. Where is it? It used to live in my jewelry box. Haven't seen it in the aforementioned ten years. Oy vay.

I forget the other assignments, but I have them written down. Turn all info in by Monday, or your grade will be lowered.

3 comments:

Isabel Button said...

The state has a copy of your deed...it's probably in the same envelope you stuffed your car titles and your savings bond. It's in the Safe Place. Where's your Safe Place. Rhetorical question, don't answer or somebody will go to it and take all the important stuff you can't find.

The deed should have who your title company is.

Title company secures your title and the insurance is in case it turns out that you don't own the property at all, it having belonged to the guy you bought it from's Aunt Marley and not him.

That helped. Didn't it?

miriam sawyer said...

Sort of.

Anonymous said...

We're actually trying to build a house right now... I wish someone would give me homework. I'm starting to feel very worried that I should be doing something and I'm not. *sigh*