Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Man gets too finicky, dies horrible, lingering death

Just kidding.

However, sometimes Mr Charm pushes me just too far. If I were not a law-abiding woman....

When he complained that the shrimp cocktail sauce had a phony taste, I merely smiled. Then there was the day he claimed the coffee was too weak and accused me of using two filters: "It tastes over-filtered," said the discerning one. I laughed out loud.

Last week I saw hot cross buns in the supermarket and brought some home. Said I: "I bought you some hot cross buns. I know you like them." He examined the package.

"I only like the little ones," said he. Then he caught sight of my face and added: "But thanks anyway."

4 comments:

Francis W. Porretto said...

Gender issues aside, I would have been offended too. I trust you informed him that his probation is conditional on good behavior.

miriam sawyer said...

I believe he knew he had gone too far.

airforcewife said...

It's always funny to watch someone else's husband realize they've gone too far.

Like I said, someone ELSE'S husband.

said...

...once my American brother-in-law complainted that the tin foil was too thin.