Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, May 15, 2005

The joys of recycling

I've often felt that recycling offers a matchless opportunity to the OCD-American community. Let me count the ways:

Separate corrugated cardboard
separate regular cardboard
Separate discarded mail;
separate discarded newspapers;
colored paper;
white paper;
bottles;
cans.

Of course, the result of all this zeal is to turn your house into a garbage-sorting facility, with 8 (count 'em) garbage cans. If you just get rid of the dining room table, you'll have plenty of room. Or move all the furniture into the driveway.

Good grief, I've forgotten the big stuff: medical waste, hazardous stuff like spray cans or paint, computers, and large appliances. More garbage cans!--recycling containers to you. You could build up quite a collection. And feel very smug.

I forgot plastic. What was I thinking?

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Ha, that's funny. I'm obsessed with recycling paper. I have clear and blue bags all over my living room...