Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, January 31, 2022

I never particularly liked Trump

I thought he had an offputting personality; he was a loudmouth lout, to my thinking. He lacked gravitas.  Dignitas too. I planned to vote for Hillary in 2016,  without much enthusiasm.  But after the Bengazi incident, I just couldn't.  Her callous disregard for the lives of the men who were killed at Bengazi, including our ambassador, was a bridge too far.

So I was very pleased and surprised when the Trump agenda unfolded.  Everything was going swimmingly, particularly in relation to Israel.  It did not hurt that we were energy independent. Also, the border wall was becoming a reality.  So far, so good.

Still Trump was rather bumptious--and those tweets--so unpresidential and undignified.  On the other hand, I approved the way the country was going. After the initial shock wore off.  But Trump the man was objected to vigorously by all the right (right-thinking, meaning leftist) people.  

 

The people that went to Harvard unanimously hated him.  He was guilty of something unspeakable that everyone knew about, so much so that there was no point in revealing what it was, you just knew if you were a right-thinking person.

I must have stayed home on the day this frightful thing happened, but I didn't know what it was.  I missed the memo

One President in my lifetime had been venerated by all.  My family members were in tears at his death.  And who was this paragon?  FDR, who later turned out not to be too fond of Jews. Some of his best friends were Jews, but the Jews of Europe were not allowed to emigrate to this country, and were sent back where they had come from, to certain death.

He was a man of enormous charm, so his attitude toward Jews was never spoken of by anyone and went down the memory hole to remain forever.



 







1 comment:

craig said...

Historians also don't like to highlight the fact that FDR was heavily reliant on the Jim Crow South for his electoral and congressional majorities.

If they did we would have to start talking about the New Deal as tainted and problematic.