Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Some books I like that nobody else has ever heard of:

I am re=reading "The Menorah Men," by Lionel Davidson, Davidson also wrote "The Rose of Tibet," A great adventure story,reminiscent of Alexandre Dumas. I just looked up Lionel Davidson, the author, and discovered that he was a three-time golden dagger winner. He was an englishman, and had that particular felicity of style more common in English authors than in others. His books are sure pleasure to read.

2 comments:

ETat said...

I'd like to recommend another Englishman writer (sadly, a late one) that i find outstanding (well, not just me...whole body of literary critics in the UK, apparently).
Philip Kerr.
See some quotes from his Gunther series
https://creakypavillion.wordpress.com/2020/11/15/to-whet-your-appetite/

Try at least one book, then tell me if you like him.

miriam sawyer said...

I am going to follow up on that one. Thanks. Always looking for something good to read.