Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, September 22, 2013

A chat with Amazon

Me:I ordered a car cleaning service from something calling itself Amazon Local. They did not offer the service but billed me. Is this a swindle?
Vinit:Hello Miriam, my name is Vinit I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:So, is it a swindle or not. It doesn't show on my open orders, but they billed me all right.
Vinit:In order to access your account, I need to verify some information. Can you please confirm the complete name, e-mail address, and billing address on your account?
Me:Miriam xxxxx
Vinit:There you go, Thank you for providing me the details Miriam. Could you please hold for a minute or two while I look into this for you?
Thank you for being on hold Miriam. I've checked your order history and I couldn't find any order placed for the item which you had mentioned above. In this case, I would request you to contact Amazon local as they will be in a better position to assist you in locating your order.
You could contact them on: E-mail: Send a message via this online form: https://local.amazon.com/help Phone: Call 866-395-2090
Me:Well, I wish you'd inform Mastercard. They billed me and I paid it. $89! An expensive lesson.
Vinit:I understand Miriam, but since the order was placed through Amazon local we won't be able to take any action regarding this. I would request you to contact Amazon local on the above given number and they will be able to issue you a refund for the order which you've been charged for.
Me:Don't you stand behind Amazon Local? They are using your name to swindle customers. This means your name is not worth anything.
Vinit:We definitely stand by Amazon Local, Miriam. I'd request contact Local team regarding this issue and we will help.
Me:Why doesn't this appear on my orders? I think it's a swindle and you should be ashamed of yourselves for selling something you don't back up I wonder how many other people fell for this.
Vinit:I'll inform the concerned department as well regarding this, they will take appropriate action on the seller. Orders placed on Amazon local will there on that website, Miriam. As the website works independently, the orders will be present in that account. So I requested to contact them.

No comments: