Delaware Top Blogs

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why I am anonymous

I'm sure that anybody with half a brain could find out who I am if they cared to, so why do I blog anonymously? Mostly because I want to be under the radar. I want to be obscure, unfamous, unknown. I prefer obscurity. If I were famous, someone in my family would consider themselves duty-bound to check my blog out, and that would be the end of me. No-one in my family even knows about my blogs, and I want to keep it that way. If they really understood my political views, they would read me out of the family. Truly.

You might say, why live a lie? Why pretend to be something you're not? I actually try not to express any political views if I can, and if some heinous Republican activity causes family comment, I respond with a neutral monosyllable and attempt to change the subject.

I do it because they would expel me from the family! Or sit shiva for me, if they weren't atheists. And they are the only family I have. Only one to a customer.

1 comment:

airforcewife said...

I'm with you on this one. I find myself doing the same thing.

And when my family all rushed to friend me when they found out I was on facebook, it was a bit devastating. All my political comments had to stop. Immediately.