Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, January 07, 2011

My head is exploding

Could this be true?

I witnessed an accident leaving work and stopped because it was obviously someone running a red light that hit someone turning green on an arrow. The whole thing seemed to happen in slow motion---I knew the red light runner would hit the other person because she honked her horn from way back, and the other driver hesitated too long before turning. I was sitting at the opposite intersection, first car at the line, and witnessed the whole thing and even glanced at the opposing light in disbelief as the person ran the red. Anyway, in Tucson our police don't come out for accidents unless there is an injury (yay, city budget cuts) so I passed along my name and number in case there insurance company wanted more perspectives than those of the drivers. People drive crazy here; I have been in and witnessed so many accidents since I started driving.

Pray tell, what do the police come out for?  Payday?

No comments: