Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Miscellaneous musings

No, I'm not dead. Or even on vacation. My absence is due to the failure of the Dell from Hell. My next computer will be a laptop and not a Dell.

What if, when you bought a car, they sold you four wheels, two axles, a motor, and transmission etc., and made you put it together yourself? Cars are about the only things you can buy that are already assembled.

It's a good guess that Acorn is not unionized. How do I know? Because if they were unionized, the employees who were fired would be placed on "administrative leave" with full pay while the matter was "investigated." As are school teachers who are caught messing with underage students.

Learning to paint has taught me to really look at things. It's harder than it sounds. In orer to paint something, you have to observe it very closely. That's hard. The reward of learning to really look and really see what is in front of your eyes results in your seeing everything you look at every day as if for the first time.

2 comments:

prairie biker said...

learning is the hardest thing in the world.

miriam sawyer said...

Matt: It's nice to hear from you. You were my first commenter. I hope all is well with you and your family.