Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Palin-Biden debate

I thought they both did okay and did not commit any egregious errors. What struck me was how Biden kept dragging Bush into the debate. It's his King Charles' head.

Cheney was also dragged into the debate on topics that had nothing to do with him What is it about Cheney that makes him such a bogeyman? Parents apparently frighten their children by threatening to call in Cheney to discipline them if they don't mind.

Frankly, I can only think of two things Cheney did in his eight years in office. One was telling Senator Leahy to go f*** himself, and the other was shooting his friend on the hunting trip.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
airforcewife said...

And his friend didn't even die! Aaron Burr made sure to end it all right there.

miriam sawyer said...

The way the left demonizes Cheney, I think he would have been arrested if his friend had died. The press made a meal of it anyway.

Dick Stanley said...

Cheney's cool and he doesn't care what the talking pinheads say. That always gets 'em. I recently finished a good book by Cheney and his wife, first published in '83, updated in '96, called "Kings of the Hill," about nine House speakers throughout history. I hope they revise it soon to include Pelosi.

Anonymous said...

I guess you're right - they both did OK.
But just OK is not enough for me to justify all the hopes of salvaging this election that Palin brought with her.
She did bad.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

But Senator Leahy didn't go and f*** himself, so this shouldn't count!

miriam sawyer said...

I agree, it would have been better if he had insulted his friend and shot Leahy. Not that I want Leahy to die; I would prefer that he live--far, far away.