Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, June 20, 2008

I do not come from Philadelphia!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia
 

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland
 
The South
 
The Inland North
 
The Northeast
 
Boston
 
The West
 
North Central
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

7 comments:

a most peculiar nature said...

I got Philly, too. Of course I lived there for about 20 years. I am desparately drying to lose it. Or is it "loose" it?

said...

I got Midland, that's close.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Let me guess, you promounce water as "warter," right?

Dick Stanley said...

I believe we've done this before. I always come out Southern, despite a brief (75-77) soujourn in NJ.

miriam sawyer said...

I've lived in 5 states: OH, NY, NJ, FL and De. Never Philly.

I pronounce water just fine, Wyatt. Better than Henry Higgins.

Tat said...

ha, mine is even better, Miriam: I'm declared to have a good TV voice. Riiight. With my Hevi Rrushun accent!

Anonymous said...

Total Midland here. Considering I live in Kansas I'd say that's fine by me.