Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Clotheslines make a comeback

as a way to save energy.

Hmmm. I used to hang my laundry on a clothesline, back in the day. I didn't have a dryer. So I have a few questions:

Has bringing solidly frozen towels into your nice warm house made a comeback? How about stuff that got caught in the rain, soaked, and covered with particulate matter? What about the laundry that falls into the dirt from the clothesline, or the stuff that blows away in a stiff wind? Any of this stuff made a comeback?

If you want to take my dryer away, you'll have to take my lifeless body with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miriam:

They smell better when dried on the line.

If they don't have bird poop, rain water, dirt or cinders on em.

miriam sawyer said...

They do smell better, and they are divine to sleep on. As soon as the maid reports back to work,* I will charge her with hanging out the laundry.

*She's been AWOL since 1987.

Dick Stanley said...

Maybe she has a relative in Texas? Fresh-air is the best dryer. Except for the previously mentioned problems.

IHeartQuilting said...

I love hanging the laundry - we're trying to go a little Greener. I'm not scrubbing our clothes on a rock or anything, but we do use cold water most of the time for laundry. We're trying to gauge whether it makes any appreciable difference on our energy bills (so that we can pay for running the central air, heh).