Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, March 29, 2007

I took civics in the eighth grade

and I seem to remember learning about something called "the separation of powers." Was Senator Hagel out sick the day his class learned about this?

With his go-it-alone approach on Iraq, President Bush is flouting Congress and the public, so angering lawmakers that some consider impeachment an option over his war policy, a senator from Bush’s own party said Sunday.

That senator would be Hagel.

In related news, another Chuck, Senator Schumer, announced in the hearing about the totally manufactured crisis of the eight prosecutors who were fired that the burden of proof was on the Attorney General's staff who were being grilled. I don't have a link, but I heard it with my own ears on the evening news. In other words, they would be guilty until proven innocent. Silly me! I thought it was the other way around!

Is no-one in charge? Where are the grownups?


1 comment:

airforcewife said...

Apparently, if the reaction to outside threats is any indication, the grown ups are now in Ethiopia.

After the We Are the World album, whoda thunk?