Delaware Top Blogs

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Why do dentists drive BMWs?

I have a reason for asking--today I put down a downpayment for a car for my dentist. And yesterday Mr Charm bought him at least a couple of headlights and a car stereo.

I went in for a routine visit, just checking some work he had done. I happened to mention that one of my teeth was loose, and he was off to the races. You don't want to know the gory details, but I was in the dental chair for two and a half hours. I truly thought I would get bedsores before I left. The hell of it is, this was just the hors d'ouvres of the particular job he has in mnd for me. I have to go back for the main course, salad, and dessert. By that time, he should own the car outright.

Have you ever been in the dental chair for so long that you had an intermission? I was. He left for a short spell with another patient, and I hobbled to the bathroom. And back. My feet had fallen asleep.

I go back Thursday. Oy vay!

No comments: