Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Annoying things: I could go on all day.

because I'm often annoyed.

To me, what is most annoying about my new situation is that no-one in Delaware can pronounce "Miriam." I'm not saying it's a great name, but it's mine, and I don't like to be called "Marilyn." Or "Marion."


In New York and New Jersey, everyone can pronounce "Miriam." I guess because everyone there is a little bit Jewish by association. (Those are also the only places where you can get a decent bagel.)

What is so terribly wrong about Miriam? It's not totally foreign-sounding, like Shprintze or Isocrates.

Yesterday, we went to Panera Bread for lunch. You order, they take your name, and call you when the order is ready. I knew it was time to eat when someone called out, "Maureen, your order's ready."

Maureen!!!

No comments: