Delaware Top Blogs

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Whole Foods lobster controversy

From Lee, a complaint:

Now I have to make two trips if I want to buy lobster. I’ll use more gas, which will contribute to global warming, but at least I’ll feel much better about myself. And that’s what being a liberal is all about.”

But what is to be done with the lobsters if we liberate them?

A commenter suggests:

The next step for the Left is to get these recently rescued crustaceans registered to vote in the 2008 Presidential Election. The problem is that the assumed increase in lobster and softshell crab ballots will somehow bolster their base in conservative states. All these lobsters will end up doing is adding to the already saturated liberal vote in places like New York, California and Vermont.

No comments: