Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, October 09, 2005

A righteous arrest

Dustbury describes some hazards of traffic:

somebody ... decided that it wasn't worth waiting for the left-turn signal at May to come around again and followed the last car through despite a total lack of yellow — and totally not noticing the presence of a Village police officer, pointed southbound on May and in position to give chase. Easier busts than this you will seldom find.


I love it when somebody actually doing something hazardous and illegal gets arrested. (As opposed to me getting arrested for speeding, which isn't hurting anyone and is anyway a New Jersey tradition.)

I've seen two righteous arrests in my lifetime. In the first, a guy was weaving in and out of traffic on I-95 somewhere in North Carolina or somewhere and a State Trooper got after him. In the second, someone made an illegal left turn and was caught by a municipal cop.

New Jersey motor vehicle administration is really over the top anyway. I once had my license pulled for not paying a parking ticket of $10.

No comments: