Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, October 01, 2005

My nomination for the Supreme Court vacancy

Even while I have been busy unpacking and finding a gas station that will pump gas for you, I have not neglected the political scene. In fact, I have come up with many brilliant ideas. Let's roll!

Okay, here's my suggestion for the Supreme Court vacancy: Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, who I believe is named Mary, although possibly not. The Democratic candidates for president and vice president mentioned her often and approvingly, but not by name. They just called her Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, but you could tell their wells of compassion were overflowing for her. In fact, she seemed to be the only Republican of any sexual orientation the Democrats truly liked--notice the way they kept dragging her into the debates, even when she had nothing to do with the matter at hand.

So I think we can all agree that DCLD would be the perfect candidate: female, lesbian, and if she takes after her parents, bright. She has no baggage, so no-one can criticize her stand on abortion, the poor, children, Halliburton, etc. The fact that she is not a lawyer is also in her favor.

Democrats, here's a Supreme Court nomination we can all get behind!

No comments: