Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, October 17, 2005

Good Chicago karma

I know this is hard to believe, but I've been to Chicago three times in the lastyear or so, and the weather has always been excellent. People tell me that it rains and snows there, that it can be quite cold and windy. Maybe they're just making this up so they can keep Chicago to themselves. Or maybe I have good Chicago Karma.

When I'm there, so far anyway, the weather is nice, the buildings stunning, the Art Institute always has wonderful exhibits, and the people are friendly and helpful. No, honest. I ask for directions on the Metra, and (which was right on time) and a dozen people rush to direct me. There were flowers blooming, the sun was shining, people wore short-sleeved shirts, winter seemed like a country we'd visited a long time ago and would never see again.

Next time, there will probably be a blizzard.

No comments: