Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Welcome to the teen years

Poor airforcewife! (The link doesn't work, damn Blogger!)


My #1 daughter turned 13 yesterday.
... She's officially a teenager, with all the horrible things that entails....
I can't shake this feeling that I need to lock her up in a room and feed her through a slot so that she doesn't do anything she isn't supposed to.

If you know what I mean.


Do I ever! My #2 daughter begged me to allow her to go on a camping trip with four boys when she was 15. Naturally I played the "your father would never hear of it" routine. Why was dad so unreasonable? I mentioned that he had been a teenaged boy himself and knew what they were like. She looked at me in disgust and said: "You have such a dirty mind!"

Yes. And we didn't have Internet, and television was the Brady Bunch. She didn't need help in finding things she wasn't supposed to do. She managed it in the pre-digital age!

No comments: