Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Everyone has an IRS rant--here's mine

I did my income tax on TaxActonline way back in March. Since I owed the IRS money, I didn't worry about filing it just then. Let them wait.

I decided to file it last Friday. Monday I got an e-mail saying the government had refused to accept my return! You're pretty low, beneath contempt in fact, when the US government spurns your tax return. This meant that the NJ one could not be sent either.

They claimed my employer's EIN number was inaccurate. I checked the form and it looked Ok to me, but I called my employer, and I had the right number. I submitted it again.

Rejected again! This was yesterday, April 13, mind you. I called the IRS. They told me it was a computer glitch and I had to print the return and file it. The printer didn't work! (I have bad printer karma.) My huband helpfully suggested I buy a laser printer, which I couldn't afford because I owed the government so much money.

Then I found a previous printout so that was okay. But New Jersey? The TaxAct folks had me receiving a large refund from NJ, more than I paid out as it happens, but am I going to argue with H&R Block?

I did the Nj one online, and discovered I had a modest refund of $98 coming. So much for the accuracy of H&R Block.

The IRS encourages you to use this software! What are they thinking?




























How do I get my $7.95 back from TaxActOnline?

No comments: