Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, February 07, 2005

Late night blogging

I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, when everyone in the world except me is asleep. It's a lonesome feeling. Then I log onto the Internet and find that the people out there in the blogosphere have been busy. People on the other side of the world are blogging--in Australia, New Zealand, Iraq, even California. The world outside my doors is still alive, reading and linking and going about their business. It seems magical to me, and reassuring.

It strikes me that it is extraordinarily difficult to write anything worth reading. It takes a lot of nerve to post anything. Who cares what I think?

Nobody. But maybe someday they will.

By the way, isn't Bill Moyers loathsome? He's actually a Baptist minister as well as a liar. Nasty things he says about Christians, things he himself knows are untrue. Southern liberals are the most pompous, self-righteous hypocrites in the world. Chief exhibit: Jimmy Carter.

No comments: