Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I've been trying for two weeks to purchase tickets for Tanglewood. There's a special promotion--30% off tickets. Maybe because I plan to attend Friday the thirteenth, I have had nothing but trouble navigating their website. First they want me to sign in. Why? I prefer that the BSO and I maintain a formal relationship. I don't want access to their website. Just sell me the tickets, dammit! But they insist. So I admit that I forgot my password (I use it once a year) and they e-mail me a new password. Back to their site. The new password does not work. Okay, Plan B. Call them on the phone. When I call, they inform me that they are closed for Patriot's Day. The State that sent Teddy Kennedy to the Senate is more patriotic than the rest of us, I guess. I e-mail the BSO and inform them of their extreme suckiness. I never get a reply, so I call again. At last, success--but the discount which was offered in the special online promotion is gone, never to be heard of again. I look at their website, seeking to recapture the magic moment, and am informed that from now on I have to change my password every time I log on. Why can't I log on as a stranger?

5 comments:

Kitten said...

Change the password every time!? One begins to suspect that selling tickets to the general public isn't their actual goal.

Julie Zdrojewski said...

Surely you recognize the signs, dear lady? Tanglewood kahunas do not behave as though they operate in the market; they must be pocketing government money.

So! The time has come to eschew Tanglewood/government musical performance in favor of free-market options. Life on the frontier is sometimes raw, but it is more free.

Whilst you contemplate means of promoting the advancement of civil society, you can avail yourself of alternative musical options: IPod in ear with dishcloth in hand, IPod with picnic basket and lawn chair or blanket on a grassy sward in your own back yard, ITunes on desktop, the living-room stereo (with or without dustcloth in hand), Saturday afternoon Brontosaurus opera broadcast (ditto), voice lessons, or a visit to my house, where I can provide you with those same things. Let me know.

Julie Zdrojewski

miriam sawyer said...

Your offer is intriguing.

Kitten said...

I was thinking the same thing as Julie Zdrojewski. Clearly they're getting government money and now running the production for their own egos and amusement rather than as a service to the public whose money they forget *is* the "government money".

Dick Stanley said...

Like NPR, they probably think government money grows on trees, or in Nancy Pelosi's pocketbook.