Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, June 26, 2017

Damn upset

I was expecting my airbnb guest today, but he stood me up. Admittedly, I was of two minds about having a stranger in my house, but now that he does not want to come I am desolate. I cleaned the house as though expecting an inspection by my most censorious aunt, a woman who has been dead for 20 years. I know this attitude on my part is unreasonable. I am fully aware of the stupidity of it. The feeling is strong though.

I am trying to get back to my usually scintillating self, but it's hard to get back on track. Bear with me please.
One pleasant development--I am glad to hear from my old blogfriends. Being surrounded here by incendiary Democrats, I am afraid to open my mouth lest I become a social leper. One Facebook friend expressed her annoyance with readers who commented only on personal matters but failed to respond to her political rants. Apparently it is not enough to live and let live, to agree to disagree, to withhold commenting on matters about which we disagree; she wanted full-throated agreement or nothing. Nothing is what she got, from me. Since I refused to join the Trump Assassination Club, I was persona non grata. Tough. I can live with that. But I like to know that out there in the Internet, there are people who agree with me!.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

It is wise not to speak of Trump in glowing terms. Much less put a sticker on your car, unless you want the windows smashed. Enjoy the thought of all the high blood pressure his mere existence is causing.

Anonymous said...

MIRIAM! I am late to notice you're back to blogspot - but I ma so happy to see you.
For a long time the silence on this blog made me quite upset; I've even bothered other bloggers to find you and inquire of your health. Luckily, someone with Facebook acct, told me you are posting new paintings, so I exhaled.

Welcome back! Write what you want, politics or not; although I must say - current political circus is ripe for your quiet sarcasm.