Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Headache?

I set the alarm for 7 a.m. last night, in order to attend the re-dedication of our synagogue, which has undergone a reconstruction process. I truly meant to go. But when the alarm went off, I had second thoughts.

Taking an inventory of my mental state, I discovered that I had nine-tenths of a headache. That is, I didn't have a headache, but I would have one if I got up. It was waiting around the corner for me. It might get worse as I brushed my teeth. It might go away under the shower. Or not.

Then I considered the re-dedication ceremony. If the synagogue could make such an event of a cantorial audition, what would they do with a re-dedication ceremony? Would local dignitaries be invited to speak? If invited, would they come? Would the place be surrounded by state police, thus making my premature getaway impossible if my headache recurred?

Would the politicians just be introduced, to polite applause? Or would they make lengthy remarks? Would Sen Joe Biden be there?

I went back to sleep.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

The thought of Joe Biden puts me to sleep right now. Indeed, I believe I will go to bed.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

A wise move by any means.