Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, October 08, 2006

What's worst about waking up at 5 a.m.?

on a Saturday?

Bad: getting out of bed at 8:00 am on a Saturday morning.

Worse: being awake since 5:00 am in said bed.

Ahhh, the joys of an abysmal sleep pattern.


I'll tell you what's worse. You wake up at 2 a.m., go back to bed at 3:30, and have really boring and tedious dreams.

I read somewhere that conservatives have duller dreams than liberals, and I'm here to tell you that it's true. At least for me.

Last night, I pulled the 2 a.m.-3:30 sleepless shift. Slept until 8. Looked at the clock. Went back to sleep, and dreamed I was cleaning. Even worse, I was back in my old house and my children were teens, and I was cleaning their rooms! The horror!

I got so tired from these non-restful dreams that I woke myself up, exhausted.

No comments: