Friday, August 19, 2005

Nightstand news

I'm so impressed when bloggers post about What's on My Nightstand: a history of the Peleponnesian War; Sowell's latest; a technical book about nanotechnology, a little volume of verse in the original Macedonian.

My nightstand is so embarassed. If this house were shaken lightly by an earthquake, everything jolted loose would be on my nightstand--oh, wait, it already is.

My nightstand contains, and I'm not kidding, night cream, day cream, wrinkle cream, fade cream (lightens skin), sunless tanning cream (darkens skin); moisturizer that tightens skin, moisturizer than makes skin luminous. In the balm department, we have foot balm and lip balm.

Also, a pill bottle, a prescription that should be filled, the cable bill, and a letter from my Aunt Lil that I've been meaning to answer. A small French phrase book. (I'm not currently in France).

Oh, and a box of tissues. Dental floss, dental floss threaders, battery operated flosser (needs batteries, which I'll get to right after I answer that letter).

What, no books? And me an intellectual, an upholder of literature, a bearer of the torch of enlightenment!

There's no room for books. They are all over the floor.

3 comments:

Weedlet said...

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about sunless tanning so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on sunless tanning exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments

mia said...

I found a lot of useful info about sunless tanning on your blog - thank you. I also have a new sunless tanning tips blog - please click over and have a look

Wrinkle Remover said...

Thank you for your blog. It's interesting reading and I will come back!

I wanted to mention that we offer fast results targeting wrinkles, crows feet around the eyes, and other signs of aging. We can help to remove 10 years or more from your complexion. If you know anyone who wants these kinds of results should visit my website here: http://freeofwrinkles.com/index.php?source=V

Let me know how well it works and I wil add your testimonial.

Thanks,
Rob