Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Lileks decides to stay put

A lovely day. Perfect! Unmatched in its meteorological clemency! However could I consider leaving such a place? We sat outside without feeling the damp poke our joints; I pushed Gnat in the swing and watched her beam at the bright high sky. Opened the window and let the smell of summer – fresh mown grass mixed with gas and 2-stroke oil – waft into the house, driving out the old stale aroma of dog food and bygone fish. This is why we live here; this is why we stay. Because it’s lovely. Also because we are conditioned to turn over the Etch-A-Sketch and erase the memory of last week’s punishment as soon as the bluebirds peep.


I know how he feels--when I lived in upstate New York we almost went crazy when Spring came. It was so beautiful it made me giddy. So this is what we were waiting for!
Spring! Mudluscious! Time to dig in the garden!

No comments: