Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, September 21, 2020

Protection racket

The Mafia should take a hint from their spiritual cousins, the Credit Bureau.  I just opened my experian credit  report, to discover that I had 6 (six) black marks on my credit report.

One of them is from Nissan Acceptance, which totally muddled my credit by keeping three accounts open and not accepting the checks which my bank faithfully forwarded to them.  I was never told I was in arrears ro this company. They just kept sending me bills.  They reported my account as delinquent to the credit bureau but not to me.  I I am trying to purchase a new home and was informed that I was delinquent.  I then looked into the matter and discovered that I was paying into the wrong account.   Attempts to rectify the situation were shrugged off.  A credit report is as final and irreversible as death, apparently.  From the Nissan dealership and Experian I received no help and no courtesy whatever.  Sucks to be me, was the final answer.

At long last, Nissan sent back the payments I had made  to the wrong account.

I finally asked to look at my credit report.  To my amazement, I had 6 (six) black marks on my credit report.  One was from Macy's, where I had had an account for about 40 years.  I never had a complaint from them.  The other four were baseless.

Experian offered to "repair my credit" for a payment the amount of which was undisclosed.  I refused.  I want no further dealing with these weasels.

It was just another protection racket, but apparently legal.  So the Mafia ought to rethink their business practices.




 

 

 

 



 

1 comment:

Paul Mitchell said...

Ever since we went to the credit score metric for approval, things have been awful.

I actually have a ding on my report because of a medical bill that I paid in full at the doctor's office. There has never been a balance, but it shows up on my report as a delinquent account, of course, with a zero balance.