Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, October 04, 2019

I keep forgetting how old I am

Sometimes I feel it would only be courteous to be dead by now and stop wasting government money.  If I lived in one of those enllightened countries where they refuse surgery to people above a certain age, I would most certainly have died by now.

I   was reading about Winston Churchill's mother, Jennie Jerome, who in middle age said that she could not get used to not being the best-looking woman in the room.  This was not a problem for me; I was probably number 10 of the 50 best looking women in any room in my youth, providing here were more than 50 women in the room..  I would be happy to settle for that now.

  In other news, I ordered a jacket from wish.con in size 2XX and it was too small for a child or 12.  I don't want the jacket but can't figure out how to return it.  So I won't order anything from them again.  Too bad, it is a pretty color.  Anyone knowing a n extremely slim midget is invited to write to me and I would be happy to send it to him/her/them/zhem.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, even if you're not Jewish.  A janitor who used to work with m,e said the Jewish hollidays always have good weather.  It doesn't make up for 6000 years of persecuation, but I'll take anything these days. 

  No more mews at present.

1 comment:

ETat said...

happy new year, Miriam!
sweet and pleasant and peaceful.