Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Ulysses wins another one

That's Ulysses S Grant, not the Ulysses of Homer.  He won the war with me because the book by Ron Chernow  is just to heavy for me to hold.  I will have to get the Audible version from Amazon.  I already know how it ends, but I have tremendous admiration for Grant and want to know more about him.

  Why can't they publish books in two volumes any more?  It worked for Dickens.  It worked for Trollope.It would work for me, too.  Even three volumes would be fine.

  Only don't make a musical out of this one.  Grant was not a music lover.  He is rumored to have said that he only recognized  two tunes:  "One was Yankee Doodle, and the other wasn't."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Finding the time and actual effort to generate a good
article… but what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and don't seem to get nearly anything done.