Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, July 29, 2017

What's wrong about being Myzled?

People have been having great fun at the expense of Debbie Wasserman Schulz because she mispronounced the word misled--pronounced misled.  Like this; miss led.  Just think of it as one of the contestants in Donald Trump's beauty pageants, like Miss Hospitality.  If there were a venue called Led, she would be Miss Led.  (It's in the Balkans, perhaps.)

  She actually pronounced it Myzled, with a long I in the first syllable.  Like this;  My- zled.  I totally sympathize.  Having read the word in books, but never heard it in conversation, I too was myzled.  I've been myzled  for a whole year, not to mention bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

  I think mysled is a fine word.  It sounds more important than misled, with an extra dollop of outrage.  You keep up the good work, Debbie.  Don't be mysled by your IT guys.  Or anything else they throw at you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! hahaha
thank you, Miriam
oh how I'm glad you're back

miriam sawyer said...

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are. So nice to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Miriam, today I am not OK, not at all. It is a dark day - even if the weather is gorgeous and sun is shining outside. I wish I could tell you.