Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, April 02, 2016

My vote

If the Republican Party chooses Donald Trump as their candidate for President, I will vote for him.  Unless he is convicted of a major felony between now and November.  And no, he would not be my first choice.

I'm so sick of people on the right, and on the left, maligning him.  You cannot pick up a conservative magazine without encountering some learned dissertation predicting the end of at least the nation, if not the world, if he should be elected.   In my opinion, the Republic will survive. 

Mine is purely a protest vote.  I don't want Trump, but I want Hillary less.   The Democrats have had eight years to screw the country.  I want them out.  It's the Republicans' turn.  If this means Trump will be president, bring it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but Trump is not a Republican. Your sentiment is understandable, and logical, and I share your contempt to Dems.
It's just Trump is a wrong person to put one's hopes on.
He is a populist, authoritarian despot in the making, a crony capitalist if ever was one.
If he's the candidate, I'll stay off this election.