Delaware Top Blogs

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trivial thoughts

About this time of year, I start to meditate on the Meaning of Life. My conclusions? Your life can change overnight.

Once upon a time I thought my life would continue along its pleasant but uneventful course. Mr Charm and I would attend concerts and visit with friends and I would work in the library. All that came to a sudden end, without notice. The friend I had the most fun with died and I was not ready to lose her. I was supposed to go to Atlantic City with some friends who were great fun to be with, but he got sick and couldn't go, and suddenly, he too was dead.

Even the college I enjoyed attending so much had morphed into a huge university. I went back to visit and found the place unrecognizable--they had moved the river which was a prominent feature of the place.

And I found myself in Delaware, where the only person I knew was the real estate lady who sold us our house.

On a lighter note; I have had so much vexation with Verizon, who unexplicably keep misplacing my payments, not to mention billing me $45 for viewing a World Wrestling Federation event. Now do I seem like a person who would watch a WWF competition? After hours of voice mail, I spoke to several rude individuals about all of this. All of them had ingested their daily I Don't Care Pill that day. I was so upset that I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Verizon.

Today, I decided to give it one last try. After being re-directed to the wrong person no less than three times, I finally spoke to someone who understood what had happened and was in a position to do something about it. Hallelujah!

I am one of Macy's best customers: They send me so many coupons that it doesn't pay for me to shop anywhere else. After I apply my $25 off coupon, my $50 off coupon, my just for today coupon which gives me 20 percent off on every purchase, and a voucher they sent me which is just like cash, I pay a little less than I would at K-Mart, and I like Macy's better.

5 comments:

Steve B said...

Just commenting, so that you don't think no one is commenting. Cuz, well, I know how that feels.

I'm just saying. Present company excluded, of course.

Verizon: "We're so big, we don't HAVE to care. Whatareyagonna do? NOT have a phone? Pshaw. Right."

miriam sawyer said...

I am at Verizon's mercy for phone, Internet, and television.

airforcewife said...

Ooh, your verizon experience scares me, as I am at their mercy for internet and television myself.

Scary stuff.

Dick Stanley said...

Verizon may suck, but I promise you AT&T is no better.

miriam sawyer said...

Comcast is rotten, too.