Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hospital bill

My insurance company just informed me that they had paid St Peter's Hospital $992 for room and board. This princely sum bought me two nights' misery with a roommate who hosted a never-ending party with an ever-changing cast of loudmouth friends and relations.

I probably could have stayed in a nice hotel room in New York City for a day or two for that amount of money. And if someone made noise, I bet they would have given me another room. With profuse apologies. Unlike the nurses in St Peter's Hospital, who merely shrugged.

That's what you get in the non-profit sector of the economy, mainly because they employ 17 vice presidents who make over $300,000 a year, like Michelle Obama.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

You're also less likely to die of an infection in a hotel--where the staff, at least, wash their hands now and then.

Paul Mitchell said...

But, oooooooo, that's racist about Michele Obama.