Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, February 04, 2008

Advice for McCain haters:

Stop whining, you losers! McCain won fair and square, by popular vote--no putsch put him in first place. He is the popularly elected candidate of the Republican Party, and vox populi, vox dei--the voice of the people is the voice of God.

I happen to disagree with God on this, as on many other topics, but who cares what I think? I personally loved Rudy. But seeing as Rudy has withdrawn from the race, I can't vote for him. McCain will be running against either Hillary or Obama. I don't approve of her politics, and he absolutely frightens me. I would no sooner give him the country to play with than I would give a six-year-old a Mercedes to drive.

For me, it's all about the war. As the late Vince Lombardi said, winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. Everything else is irrelevant. And McCain has been consistently right on the war. If we are defeated by Islamofascism, none of the other stuff will matter. We won't have the luxury of nattering on about the economy or health care--we will be too busy learning Arabic and trying on burkas.

2 comments:

Tat said...

M, you have voted long enough to know better than to prop up McCain.
If he's nominated, Brunhilda will make an omelet out of him - and we'll have ClintinClan reign for 4 yrs. If not 8.

Tat said...

Which now, as I look at the primary results, looks a certain possibility.