Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's snowing here



I had to go to the grocery store today. It was, of course, full of all the little old ladies and old guys who go to the grocery store only when it snows. I had an excuse--I am having company over the weekend, so I don't count.

The dairy shelves, particularly, looked as if they had been visited by a joint committee of Vandals, Goths, and Visigoths. Store employees were re-stocking as fast as they could.

Why do some people only buy milk, eggs, and bread when it snows? Is there some kind of an atavistic urge to to make bread pudding in bad weather?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are back! Congratulations!

I love the snow :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!! i love the snow too and i bought milk.......... its the inherent urge to hoard!!! :-)

Dick Stanley said...

I miss the snow the way it looked the first time. But not after that. Hardly ever snows here in south central Texas.