The question was raised at a candidate's debate:
During a debate between the two candidates, one of the media questioners, a local tv news person named Peggy Fox, asked Allen:
It has been reported that your grandfather Felix, whom you were given your middle name for, was Jewish. Could you please tell us whether your forebears include Jews and, if so, at which point Jewish identity might have ended?
Such a question is plainly out-of-bounds.
Well, I have a little quiz which would enable us to comprehend where Mr Allen's ethnic loyalties lie.
1. Do you feel guilty for no reason?
2. Do you call your mother every day?
3. Do you like Chinese food?
4. How about bagels?
5. If the answer to the previous question is yes, please specify which foods you choose to accompany your bagel: a) peanut butter and jelly; b)ham and Swiss; 3) lox and cream cheese?
6. Given a choice, which food would you prefer: a) gefilte fish; b) lutefisk; c) fish sticks?
7. What is your favorite sport: a) bowling; b) football; c) chess?
8. Are you a member of: a)the vast rightwing conspiracy; b) the communist party; c) your office bowling team?
9. Do you read a) the New Republic; b) National Review; c)the comics.
10. Translate the expression oy vey.