Delaware Top Blogs

Monday, May 29, 2006

A favorable review of Bush's speech at West Point

From wizbang. To me, the most interesting thing about the post was the comments, which attack his immigration plan. A sample:

His opinions about illegal aliens still suck, so I really can't say I care how good a speech he gives.

People, this is your life at stake here! Our country's future is at stake! I don't agree with Bush's views on immigration, but apparently a majority do, as shown by the polls. Anyway, Congress will sort it out. Maybe the House will show some gumption, who knows?

All I care about is defeating, punishing, killing our enemies before they do it to us. My priorities:

1 through 10. War on terror, in all its manifestations.
10 through 1,000--immigration, gay marriage, tort reform, school uniforms, in any order you like. Who cares?

In the words of Dr Johnson: "Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully." Well, 9/11 concentrated my mind, and apparently Bush's too.

We are in great danger, and Bush knows it and understands it. Survival comes first.

No comments: