Delaware Top Blogs

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Animal testing is evil! evil!

If you don't believe me, read this:

They take eye shadow and shove it into the eyes of some unsuspecting rabbit. This burns and irritates the rabbit's eyes. I know this for a fact because the other day I was shampooing and I looked up and a *massive* blob of shampoo went into my eye.... Holy f'ing shit it hurt.

The pain is why I am so pissed off about animal testing. I mean what the fuck - was my rabbit asleep at the switch? What the hell is your point of you don't thump your lucky foot and let them know the Pantene fucking burns? God dammit you are useless to me rabbit.


I can't get behind this anti-animal testing stuff. Who should they test the stuff on? New born babies? Harvard College faculty (hey, not a bad idea!)? Prisoners at Abu Ghraib?

I actually participated in cosmetic testing when I lived in NJ. Every week for 6-8 weeks you would go to the lab, where they would dab you with chemicals and cover them with patches. One or two of the substances hurt, and they took it off. After the testing period was over, they washed the affected area and gave you money, which was nice, and tax-free.

So, speaking as a human guinea pig, it wasn't so bad. Or maybe the poor rabbit got all the chemicals which failed the New Jersey inhabitant test and I only got all the good stuff.

1 comment:

david pasquinelli said...

you have no idea the extent of suffering imposed on animals that are tested. it's not just shampoo and makeup.

for example, to test a burn treatment they burn off all the skin of a pig while it's alive. to research head trauma, they repeatedly bash a monkeys head in a machine until it eventually dies.
i could go on and on.

do a google image search for animal testing.

there also are alternatives.
http://www.aavs.org/testing03.html

animal testing is incredibly cruel, and unnecessary. it is evil.