Delaware Top Blogs

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm sick of politics--how about some bictching, moaning and whining about my own private life for a refreshing change of pace?

Monday morning--root canal. Not one of your ordinary, virginal root canals. This was a do-over, which costs more. It must be harder, too--I heard the dentist muttering under his breath. He finally had had enough and left the thing open, to see if it would heal.

The next morning--it didn't heal, the woound is still open, but my attention was somewhat diverted by the cellar being flooded. The plumber finally came and declared the hot water heater unfixable and left us here in a pool of our own sweat.

Today he came with the new hot water heater. Showers all around. Whoopie!

I got a bill to renew the registration of two cars I don't think I own any more.

I called the IRS because I had lost the copy of my tax return. The automated voice mail said 2004 was unavailable. I finally located a live person who told me that the people who were owed money were entered into the computer first. The people who owed the government weren't entered yet, althought their checks were cashed.

My printer went into one of its fits and won't print.

My new fax machine isn't installed yet.

I got a bill from a doctor unknown to me.

I can't eat solid food.

5 comments:

Isabel Button said...

Hands over milkshake laced with generous amounts of Jack Daniels.

prairie biker said...

Isabel-

You can visit MY house anytime!

miriam sawyer said...

Thanks, guys!

miriam sawyer said...

Hey, what about me, Matt? Can I stay at your house? If I promise to make the bed and help with the dishes?

prairie biker said...

Heck fire! Sure.

Even I don't make the bed. It's just gonna get mussed up again and then changed in a week.

But if (and Isabel found the secret) you're bringing a bottle of JD, anytime!