Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Favorite movie stars

... I'm inviting you to send me your favourite movie stars. Choose them how you like, whether for acting ability, star quality, looks, whatever. But you have a maximum of 10 votes to distribute over the two categories in the poll - that is, male movie stars and female movie stars - and you have a maximum of 7 votes in either category. This means, if I have to explain (and even if I don't), that should you use all of your 10 votes, you may distribute them between the men and the women, the guys and the dolls, the dudes and the broads, either 5 and 5, 6 and 4, or 7 and 3, or vice versa - which in the case of 5 and 5 is nothing to get your knickers in a twist about. No need to rank; each vote will only count for one.


Here are mine:

1. Fred Astaire. Fred has given me more pleasure than any other star--I marvel at his grace.

2. Audrey Hepburn--lovely without looking like anyone else.

3. Cary Grant--wonderful at playing urbane, harassed upper-middle class men. Handsome as all get-out to boot.

4. Gerard Depardieu: so versatile, he can do anything.

5. Marcello Mastroianni: top of his class in looks and charm. (I'm sure I spelled his name wrong.)

6. Sophia Loren-- gorgeous, voluptuous, and full of fire.

7. Clark Gable.

8. Claudette Colbert

9. Jimmy Stewart

10. Laurence Olivier

You can tell I'm living in the past, can't you? But, honestly, I can't tell any of today's stars apart. They're all cute. And indistinguishable.

5 comments:

prairie biker said...

1. whoever the female 'flavor of the year' is. none of them can ever act but they are usually pretty darn cute. moreso for redheads.

2. Audrey Hepburn

3. Jimmy Stewart

4. Gary Cooper

5. Johnny Depp

6. Winona Ryder

7. Will Smith

8. Angelina Jolie

9. Lauren Bacall - I met her at DFW where we were both waiting for a flight to OKC. What an awesome lady!

10. Dennis Hopper

11. Valeria Galina - I met her when she was on the set of Indian Runner. Sweet. Really Sweet. A very nice lady.

miriam sawyer said...

Hey, tht's 11!

prairie biker said...

I live in a blue state. What did you expect?

Isabel Button said...

Hmmm...

Cloris Leachman because she can act.

Katherine Hepburn...same reason.

Nicole Kidman cause she can, you know, act.

Robert De Niro because he can act.

Cary Grant - I love somebody who can act and do humor.

Cary Grant - he could act.

Nicholas Cage can act, but needs better parts.

I'm detecting a trend here.

Sigourney Weaver can act.

so can Meryl Streep

Um...Paul Newman can act, so can Joanne Woodward.

Marlon Brando...same reason.

Sorry, I can't manage 10 and I don't have an all time favorite. Basically, I really like actors who can act. I don't care what they look like. One's who can do good humor also, I really admire.

Isabel Button said...

Sorry, second Cary grant was supposed to be Clark Gable. Because he can act.

So could Marilyn Monroe.