Delaware Top Blogs

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I might get into trouble here

I think I have mentioned previously my propensity to get lost while driving.

Well, it happened to me again last week. I was in a neighborhood far, far from where I thought I was headed. I spotted a street sign: Oh, oh! Martin Luther King Ave.

Why must MLK Ave always be in the heart of a revolting slum? Couldn't they find a nice street to name after him? Fifth Ave in New York springs to mind.

Do people enjoy having awful things named after them? The guy they named the Major Deegan (horrible congested highway, for those not in the know) after must be revolving in his grave, so many people use his name in vain. I've never heard anyone say a nice word about JFK Airport. And was Alois Alzheimer proud to have a nice disease named after him?

If anyone wants to name something after me posthumously, heres a hint: how about a nice rose? Yellow is my favorite color, but I wouldn't object to pink or red.

No comments: