Delaware Top Blogs

Friday, April 08, 2005

Florida conservative discovers that liberals can be, well, downright mean

Lately I've been noticing that my liberal friends are just so angry. I realize that they're upset Bush was re-elected. But what I can't stand is that everything seems to be turning so personal and just plain mean. One friend sent out an item about a pending Bush appointee who was pro-life, asking all her friends to write. Well, whenever someone asks me to write, the first thing I do is check Snopes. When I found out the low-down, I simply replied to her that the info (per Snopes) was out of date. She replied to me, and I am not kidding: "Are you even a real woman?"

Another friend wanted to talk about Terri Schiavo a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really want to get into it and chose to limit my response to the fact I was saddened the family had ended up in court in the first place. I wished Michael & the Schindler's had not turned into bitter enemies. My friend responded that it was all Jeb Bush's fault for exploiting a family's suffering for political gain.


I, too, have noticed that stating a conservative view causes my liberal friends to froth at the mouth. They're like little kids: if they don't win, they want to take their marbles and go home.

No comments: