Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Unfortunate choice of names

Johnny Virgil critiques a Chinese Communist Party bigwig's name:

The current committee chairman, Wang Gang, was quoted by Xinhua in a speech two years ago as stressing the need to "strengthen the building of laws, regulations, and systems on secrecy maintenance."

I forwarded this to Yort, since we share an affinity for effed-up names, and his only comment was "No way am I joining a Wang Gang." I had to wholeheartedly agree.

Personally, I think it would be a great name for a hip, new version of The Village People.

Also, I'm wondering -- On Saturday nights, do you think Wang Gang Bang Tang?


We once had a lovely Korean girl working in the library as a page. I don't know how her name was spelled, but it was pronounced "Young Jew." I never quite got used to it.

No comments: